Welcome to Central Presbyterian!
- Central is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA), the nation's largest body of Presbyterians. Presbyterians, like all Christians, consider the Bible to be the written Word of God, name Jesus as Lord and Savior, and work to display God's Kingdom in this world.
- "Presbyterian" refers to our form of government. "Presbyter" is the New Testament word from Greek meaning "elder." The congregation chooses our elders and elders are both elected and ordained as lay leaders.
- All people are welcome here. It doesn't matter what color you are, how much money you make, what you've done or where you are in your faith journey. You are welcome here without judgment to be part of God's family in this place.
- We are open-minded. It's okay to ask questions, even difficult questions that you might feel are inappropriate or sacrilegious. We don't mind...and God can handle it!
- Presbyterians govern their churches in an open and collegial way, as part of a team. That team is led by the pastor and a session of elders both men and women.
- If you would like to be part of a church that welcomes everyone, values learning about the Bible and faith with open minds, and works together as a team, please join us Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. for Adult Sunday School and at 10:45 a.m. for worship and Children's Church School.